GDP|GUHDO History, part 1

GUHDO was founded in 1908 in Remscheid, Germany and has maintained it’s image as the sharper tooling company over a century later! This first picture shows the GUHDO factory at its original location in Remscheid, Germany in the early 1960’s, as indicated by the type of cars out front.   In 1967 the factory was relocated to nearby Wermelskirchen.  The name GUHDO, by the way, was derived from the founders of the company, Gustav & Hugo Doerken.

Screen Shot 2013-01-15 at 12.51.17 PM

The  picture below was  taken a few years later, around 1969.  It shows the GUHDO-Export department at work.   True to the time period, the work ethic was focused on detailed performance that followed strict instructions. The head of department sat in the front of the room, facing the other employees. Basically the whole department was set up in a similar manner as a classroom would be.

Also, note the now rather antiquated telephones and typewriters and the sparse, yet oddly interesting wall decorations.  A clutter free work environment!

Screen Shot 2013-01-15 at 12.50.42 PM

The photo below shows GUHDO Werk entrance in 1986, the same year  GUHDO USA was established.  GUHDO USA remained a sister company of GUHDO Werk, Wermelskirchen until 2005, when GUHDO USA became independent.

Screen Shot 2013-01-15 at 12.50.09 PM

For more information visit guhdo.com

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

Return to the Blog Home Page
Real Time Web Analytics